Department of Shareer Kriya Vigyan (Physiology)
THE COURSE OFFERED:
Department of physiology offers physiology course during the Second years of D.A.M.S course.
Physiology is the science of normal functions and phenomena of living things. The attributes of life are growth, production, repair and adaptation to varied conditions. The course highlights the relevance of basic physiology to clinical practice through use of clinical examples.COURSE OBJECTIVE:
At the end of the course in physiology, the students shall be able to:
1. Understand the normal functions of human body and utilize them as background for clinical studies.
2. Explain normal reaction to environment and homeostatic mechanisms.
3. Interpret normal function with a view to differentiate from abnormal function.
4. Perform and interpret physiology laboratory tests and procedures.
5. Develop sound attitude towards the need for continuing self-education.
Dr. M. S. Dipan